|Water-bombing helped to contain today's|
bushfire at Glenlusk.
The fire at Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk, was reported at 2.26pm, burning in a gully that was difficult to access. In the following hours it burnt an area of about 3.3 hectares.
Multiple aircraft carried out suppression tactics on the northern fire edge to prevent further fire spread, and the evening sea breeze helped to extinguish the fire on its southern edge.
Ground crews were provided by 16 fire brigades and one light tanker remains on the scene of the fire, which is still burning.
"Further investigation into the cause of this fire will be undertaken tomorrow morning," a TFS spokesperson said.
BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE FOR COLLINSVALE ROAD, GLENLUSK
Issued At: 02/01/2020 10:16pm
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE
There is a bushfire at Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk. There is no immediate threat.
Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- People in Collinsvale Road, Glenlusk should keep up to date by listening to ABC Local Radio or look at the TFS website at www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- Well-prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared for a bushfire, think about leaving for a safe place if it gets more dangerous.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, check it now.
Incident number: 2000014. Community Information:
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn.
- For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or Asthma Australia https://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/triggers/bushfires-and-smoke/
Alert Level: ADVICE
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 02-Jan-2020 10:16 PM
First Reported: 02-Jan-2020 02:26 PM
Location: Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: 3.3 hectares
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Mobilised:
1 x LIGHT TANKER