Issued At: 02/01/2020 5:09pm
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST UPDATE
There is an uncontrolled bushfire at Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk. This fire may put Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk at high risk now.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk, and threaten your home earlier than the main fire.
Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- If your home is well prepared and actively defended, it should provide shelter.
- If you are going to leave, make sure you have a clear path to a safer place.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don't live near Collinsvale Rd, Glenlusk, stay away. The roads could be very dangerous.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn. For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or Asthma Australia https://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/triggers/bushfires-and-smoke/
Alert Level: WATCH AND ACT
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 02-Jan-2020 05:09 PM
First Reported: 02-Jan-2020 02:26 PM
Location: Collinsvale Road, Glenlusk
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: Not reported
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
9 x LIGHT TANKER
3 x HEAVY TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Mobilised:
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM