|Updated Tasmania Fire Service Google Map showing the area|
of the Pelham bushfire near Gretna. Click image to enlarge.
Issued at: 30/12/2019 4:22pm
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION
An uncontrolled bushfire at Pelham will put lives in danger and may destroy homes now.
This fire is moving south- easterly towards Bluff Rd and Elderslie.
The fire is creating dangerous spot fires ahead of the main fire front. Thick smoke and thousands of embers will cause fires all around you. Fires will move quickly and may come from many directions.
What to do:
- The SAFEST way to survive is to evacuate NOW for a safer place. Safer places include Brighton and Hamilton.
- If you don't have safe route to a safer place, shelter inside your home until the fire passes.
- Do not try to return if you are out of the area.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn. For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or Asthma Australia https://asthma.org.au/about-asthma/triggers/bushfires-and-smoke/
Alert Level: EMERGENCY WARNING
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 30-Dec-2019 04:22 PM
First Reported: 30-Dec-2019 02:55 PM
Location: Pelham Rd, Pelham
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: Not reported
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
1 x TFS
3 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
1 x CAR
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Mobilised:
1 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x OTHER
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
Parks and Wildlife Resources Mobilised:
3 x LIGHT TANKER