Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather WarningFor people in Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:45 pm Thursday, 7 November 2019.
Winds over southern Tasmania have eased, as a low to the south of the state has moved to the southeast. Damaging winds are no longer expected over southern Tasmania, although winds will remain strong and gusty into the evening.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.