BUSHFIRE WATCH AND ACT MESSAGE FOR MOSS BEDS RD
AND TOP SWAMP RD, LACHLAN
Issued At: 29/10/2019 4.28pm
Click here for the latest update
There is an uncontrolled bushfire at Moss Beds Rd and Top Swamp Rd, Lachlan.
This fire may put Moss Beds Rd and Top Swamp Rd, Lachlan, at very high risk within the next four hours.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Moss Beds Rd and Top Swamp Rd, Lachlan, and threaten your home earlier than the main fire.
Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable.
What to do:
- If your home is well prepared and actively defended, it should provide shelter.
- If you are going to leave, make sure you have a clear path to a safer place. (No Evacuation Centre in place).
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don't live near Moss Beds Rd and Top Swamp Rd, Lachlan, stay away. The roads could be very dangerous.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn.
- Advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania www.asthmatas.org.au
Alert Level: WATCH AND ACT
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 29-Oct-2019 04:28 PM
First Reported: 29-Oct-2019 12:55 PM
Location: Glenfern Rd, Glenfern
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: Not reported
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
5 x LIGHT TANKER
4 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
4 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Mobilised:
1 x OTHER
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x CAR