|Google Map showing the area covered by the 230 hectare|
Glenfern Rd bushfire.
BUSHFIRE ADVICE MESSAGE FOR MOSS BEDS RD, TOP SWAMP RD AND SURROUNDING AREAS AT LACHLAN
Issued At: 31/10/2019 6:10pm
Click here for the latest update
There is a bushfire at Glenfern Rd, Glenfern.
There is no immediate threat.
With tomorrow's forecast fire weather, leaving early is the safest option. If this fire spreads, properties could come under threat and there may not be time to leave.
Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- People in Moss Beds Rd, Top Swamp Rd and surrounding areas at Lachlan should keep up to date by listening to ABC Local Radio or look at the TFS website at www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- Well-prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared for a bushfire, think about leaving for a safe place if it gets more dangerous.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, check it now.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- For advice is available from the Department of Health www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/publichealth/air/bushfire_smoke or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania www.asthmatas.org.au
Alert Level: ADVICE
Type: Vegetation Fire
Last Updated: 31-Oct-2019 06:10 PM
First Reported: 29-Oct-2019 12:55 PM
Location: Glenfern Rd, Glenfern
Agency: Tasmania Fire Service
Size: approximately 230 hectares
Tasmania Fire Service Resources Arrived:
2 x LIGHT TANKER