This year's Term 1 holiday period will coincide with coincide with the Easter break.
The activities being offered next week by the Derwent Valley Salvation Army, Derwent Valley Police and Community Youth Club and Freedom Fitness Centre are:
- Monday, April 15: Basketball clinic at the Derwent Valley PCYC, 10.30-11.45am
- Tuesday, April 16: Fit and Fun at the Freedom Fitness Centre 11.15am -12.15pm
- Tuesday, April 16: Cooking at the Salvation Army Centre 2-3.45pm
- Wednesday, April 17: Basketball Clinic held at the Derwent Valley PCYC, 10.30-11.45am
- Wednesday, April 17: Cooking at the Salvation Army Centre 2-3.45pm
- Thursday, April 18: Futsal Clinic at the Derwent Valley PCYC, 10.30-11.45am
The venues are:
- The Salvation Amy Centre 79 Hamilton Rd, New Norfolk
- Derwent Valley PCYC, Third Ave, New Norfolk
- Freedom Fitness 2/99 Ring Rd, New Norfolk.
Meanwhile, an Adventure Patch Pop Up Playground will be at the Ellendale Hall, Ellendale, from 11am until 1pm on Wednesday, April 17. This activity is also free of charge, including lunch, sunscreen and drinking water, and coffee for the adults.
Bookings are essential for the Pop Up Playground. Please contact Jo East by emailing email@example.com or calling 6228 8419 to provide details of the age and number of children attending, and any dietary requirements. Bookings close on April 12.
The Pop Up Playground is an initiative of Playgroup Tasmania, Children's University Tasmania, the Salvation Army Communities for Children program, and Adventure Patch.
"The video must respond to the following question: 'What I/we need right now to be the best person I/we can be in the future'," Mr Hill said. "Participants are expected to have done some thinking on this topic prior to the workshop and are asked to bring any props etc that could be used on the day. Lunch will be provided."
Presented by the Children's University Tasmania, the Salvation Army Communities for Children program and the Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D'FAT), the video-making day will is free of charge and will be held on April 26 at the the Salvation Army Centre,79 Hamilton Rd, New Norfolk. Register online here.