|Map showing the location of the fire in the top left|
corner and Maydena in the bottom right corner.
Click image to enlarge.
The Tasmania Fire Service says the fire may Maydena, Tyenna, Mt Field and National Park at very high risk within the next two to three hours. The same fire may also put Bushy Park, Ellendale, Westerway and Fentonbury at high risk in the same period.
Smoke and ash may make it difficult to see and breathe. Burning embers, smoke and ash may be falling on all those communities and a Bushfire Watch and Act Message is in place for the area.
Maydena/Tyenna/National Park WATCH AND ACT ALERT: Click for updates.
Bushy Park/Ellendale/Westerway/Fentonbury WATCH AND ACT ALERT: Click for updates.
There are no evacuation orders in place, but anyone in Maydena feeling unsafe at home can go to the designated Nearby Safer Place at the former Maydena Primary School on Kallista Rd.
Advice from the Tasmania Fire Service:
- If your home is well prepared for high risk fires and you can actively defend it, it should provide shelter.
- If you are going to leave, make sure you have a clear path to a safer place.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don't live near Maydena, Tyenna, Mt Field, National Park, Bushy Park, Ellendale, Westerway and Fentonbury, stay away. The roads could become highly dangerous.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
For more information visit www.fire.tas.gov.au and listen to ABC Local Radio.
|The Tasmania Fire Service's Google Map showing the bushfire area shaded|
in grey, above Lake Gordon. Click image to enlarge.