Bushfire Watch and Act Message For Maydena, Tyenna and National Park
Issued At: 04/01/2019 11:05am
There is an uncontrolled bushfire 20km north-west of Maydena, Tyenna and National Park.
This fire may put Maydena, Tyenna and National Park at high risk within the next two to three hours.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Maydena, Tyenna and National Park and threaten your home earlier than the main fire.
Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
What to do:
- If your home is well prepared and actively defended, it should provide shelter.
- If you are going to leave, make sure you have a clear path to a safer place.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, use it now.
- If you don't live near Maydena, Tyenna and National Park, stay away. The roads could be very dangerous.
- Listen to ABC Local Radio or look at www.fire.tas.gov.au for more information.
Incident number: 18041050
- There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Maydena, Tyenna and National Park over the next two to three hours.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website:
- People with medical conditions are advised to have a personal plan for avoiding smoke from the burn.
- Advice is available from the Department of Health or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania
Alert Level: WATCH AND ACT
Type: vegetation fire
Last Updated: 04-Jan-2019 11:05 AM
First Reported: 28-Dec-2018 02:02 PM
Location: Gell River, Southwest
Agency: Parks & Wildlife Service
Size: 8800 ha