Bushfire Advice Message For Strathgordon and Gordon River Rd east of Maydena
Issued At: 25/01/2019 8:42pm
There are bushfires at Gell River and around Lake Pedder. There is no immediate threat. Smoke and Ash will be visible in the area. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable.
What to do:
- People in Strathgordon and Gordon River Rd east of Maydena should keep up-to-date by listening to ABC Local Radio or looking at the TFS website at www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If you do not need to be in the area, reconsider the need to travel.
- Well-prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you are not prepared for a bushfire, think about leaving for a safe place if it gets more dangerous.
- If your family has made a bushfire survival plan, check it now.
- Gordon River Rd is closed at the Styx Rd intersection and Strathgordon, to all traffic, prohibiting access into Strathgordon.
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website.
- For advice is available from the Department of Health or the Asthma Foundation of Tasmania