As well as being emptied last week, the bins will be emptied again this week, on the usual days. They will then be emptied a fortnight later.
The council has entered into a new long-term arrangement with its recycling contractor, after the sudden change in providers early this year. The new arrangement has required a change in the week that the fortnightly recycling is done.
There is no change to the day of the week or time of day that bins should be put out. There is also no change to the garbage collection service, which is conducted weekly.
The bins will be emptied this Monday (August 6), Tuesday (August 7) and Friday (August 10) - and then will be emptied on a fortnightly basis thereafter.
Visit the council’s website to download the revised recycling calendar. If you are unsure which day your bin is emptied, call the council's environmental services section on 6261 8530 for assistance.
The council offers the following advice for making sure your bins are emptied by the contractor:
- When your bins are placed at the kerbside, make sure there is 1 metre between bins, as the contractor needs to be able to pick bins up and place them down again;
- Make sure the wheels of the bin are facing your property;
- Do not place bins under trees that have overhanging branches;
- Do not overfill your bins as overfilled or excessively heavy bins may not be emptied.
- To report damaged, lost or stolen bins, contact the council on 6261 8530.