Council representatives will be at Molesworth tonight to collect the views of the general public on the future of the Derwent Valley municipality for inclusion in the council's new strategic plan.
Over the weekend there will be more opportunities to share your views in New Norfolk, including at the High St market tomorrow, and at Peppermint Hill tip site and Woolworths supermarket on Sunday. It will be Lachlan's turn on Monday.
The council suggests the following "thought starters":
- what I love about the Derwent Valley...
- in 12 years’ time, I hope the Derwent Valley is...
- my hope for the future is...
- what I would like to see in the Derwent Valley...
- what we should keep in Derwent Valley that is special...
Molesworth Community Workshop: 6pm-8pm, Molesworth Community Hall, 560 Molesworth Rd, Molesworth. All welcome.
New Norfolk Listening Post: 8am-2pm, High St Market, New Norfolk. All welcome.
New Norfolk Listening Post: 10-11.30am Peppermint Hill Waste Disposal Area, off Dean St, New Norfolk. All welcome.
New Norfolk Listening Post: 1.30-3.30pm, Woolworths Supermarket, George St, New Norfolk. All welcome.
The council will also hold a number of sector specific workshops throughout the consultation process. Additional public sessions may be held and will be advertised via Facebook. Those unable to attend in person can submit their ideas online. Anonymous comments will not be accepted.
* Download the latest version of the community consultation schedule here.