- Severe weather warning for damaging winds and heavy rainfall: Damaging south to southeasterly winds Thursday evening and Froday, and heavy rain along the east and southeast coasts. Strong southeasterly winds are reasonably uncommon over Tasmania so impacts may be different to what is usually experienced in windy conditions.
- Road Weather Alert: Reduced visibility in heavy rain and water over roads will make road conditions dangerous Thursday night and on Friday. Check Tasmania Police for road closures.
- Flood Watch: River rises are expected in response to the forecast rainfall. Flooding may develop in some catchments from overnight Thursday into Friday onwards.
- Warning to Sheep Graziers: Sheep graziers are warned that cold temperatures, heavy rain and showers and strong southerly winds are expected to persist Thursday night and on Friday.
- Marine Wind Warning: Gale warning for the Derwent Estuary on Thursday and Friday.
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Weather warning summary for the Valley
THE following weather warnings are current for tonight. Click through for full details.