|Click image to enlarge.|
Project officer Matt Hill said the free event was being organised through the Communities for Children program of the Salvation Army for southeastern Tasmania.
To be held at the Derwent Valley Salvation Army headquarters at 79 Hamilton Rd from 10am-noon, the event has been scheduled during National Families Week and will feature information from a number of service providers.
"This event will also feature food provided by Food Cents, face painting and a performance from the Small Stories project - a fun and exciting project that involves parents and children in creating their own stories," Mr Hill said.
Participating organisations include:
- Ptunarra Derwent Valley Child & Family Centre
- Derwent Valley Community House
- Derwent Valley PCYC (including Toddler Time)
- Anglicare My Safe and Strong Family Program
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Oral Health
- Child Health & Parenting Service (CHaPs)
- Save the Children Healthy Tums and Healthy Gums
- Children's University Tasmania (The Peter Underwood Centre for Educational Attainment)
- Launching into Learning (LiL) programs from New Norfolk and Fairview primary schools.
Entry and all activities at this fun morning are free and lucky door prizes will be awarded. For more information contact Matt Hill on 6270 0301 or email email@example.com.