The day kicks off at 10am when the annual fun run and walk gets under way. Entries will be accepted on the day. The rest of the program includes music by the Derwent Valley Concert Band and the long-established local group The Sign, as well as the flag raising, announcements of Australia Day award recipients and an Australia Day address by the Australia Day Ambassador, Dr Ian Allison.
The New Norfolk Lions Club will host a free Australia Day barbecue and there will be vans providing coffee and ice-cream. Children's activities including a jumping castle, face painting, and more. Segway rides will be available and there will be displays by the New Norfolk Fire Brigade and Community to Sea. Support will be provided by the Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D'FAT), Salvation Army and the Derwent Valley Police and Citizens Youth Club. St John Ambulance first aid volunteers will be in attendance.
There will be other activities in New Norfolk and Bushy Park.
Program - January 26, 2018
At the Derwent Esplanade, New Norfolk
- 10am – Tasmanian Road Runners 5km and 10km walk/run begins
- 10.45pm – Performance by The Sign
- 11.15am – Tasmanian Road Runners Awards
- 11.30am – Derwent Valley Concert Band
- Australia Ambassador Dr Ian Allison
- Flag raising
- Citizenship ceremony
- Affirmation ceremony
- National Anthem
- Australia Day Awards
- 12.30pm – Colour Run
- 12.30pm – Performance by The Sign
- Free entry and activities and barbecue lunch
- Free entry and barbecue lunch