There will be eight matches played in the Derwent Valley and Central Highlands. The New Norfolk Red Caps will host Montagu Bay in a triple header at Tynwald Park in what should be a great day of cricket for spectators and players alike. In the match at Boyer Oval, Molesworth II will take on Wellington.
Meanwhile at Bothwell and Gretna it will be a similar occasion, with both clubs’ two teams playing at home on the same day. Bothwell I takes on Bushy Park and Bothwell II plays Brighton. Gretna I will host Molesworth I and Gretna II will start the day playing Bagdad.
The Twenty20 rounds will run over two Saturdays, with semi-finals for the top four teams on October 28 and grand finals on October 31.
The 50-over rosters will begin on November 4 and 5. There will be 14 rounds, with the finals in March.
Training times for the local senior teams are as follows:
- Bothwell Cricket Club: Bothwell Recreation Ground, Wednesdays at 5.30pm.
- Bushy Park Cricket Club: Bushy Park Showground, Thursdays at 5.30pm.
- Gretna Cricket Club: Gretna War Memorial Oval, Wednesdays at 5pm.
- Molesworth Cricket Club: Boyer Oval, Thursdays at 5.30pm.
- New Norfolk Cricket Club: Tynwald Park, Thursdays at 6-7 .30pm.
Milo In2CRICKET will again be run by Annie McKenzie at the Glenora District High School on Sundays, starting on October 29, at 9am. A second program will be run later in the season. Contact Annie on 6286 1301 or email email@example.com
Milo T20 Blast will be run by the New Norfolk Cricket Club at Tynwald Park on Thursday afternoons, with the first session starting on November 2 at 3.30pm. The co-ordinator is New Norfolk Cricket Club assistant coach Seb Wishart who can be contacted on 0409 807 272. T20 Blast caters for boys and girls aged 7-12 years. To register and pay, go to playcricket.com.au
The Gretna and New Norfolk Cricket Clubs will again field junior teams in the Cricket Tasmania Youth League with the season set to start on October 22.
Gretna is looking to field Under 13 and Under 15 teams while New Norfolk will field Under 13s. To sign up, contact Gretna Cricket Club’s Glenn Blackwell on 0427 798 482 or New Norfolk Cricket Club’s Josh Walsh on 0417 426 269.
Training times for the local junior teams are as follows:
- Gretna Under 13s and Under 15s, Gretna War Memorial Oval, Thursdays at 5pm.
- New Norfolk Under 13s, Tynwald Park, Tuesdays 4-6 pm and Thursdays 4-5.30pm.