The day kicks off at 10am when the annual fun run and walk gets under way. Entries will be accepted until 9.30am. The rest of the program includes music by the Derwent Valley Concert Band and Derwent Valley Community Choir and long-established local group The Sign, as well as the flag raising, announcements of Australia Day award recipients and an Australia Day address by the Australia Day Ambassador, Dana Faletic.
The New Norfolk Lions Club will host a free Australia Day barbecue and there will be children's activities including sack races, gumboot throwing, paddle board demonstrations and more.
There will be other activities in New Norfolk as well as Bushy Park and Maydena.
Program - January 26, 2017
At the Derwent Esplanade, New Norfolk
- Fun Run/Walk with Tasmanian Road Runners - entries accepted up to 9.30am
- Fun and Games with D’FAT, Derwent Valley PCYC, Derwent Valley Salvation Army, MoCo Dragon Boat Club, Community2Sea, Derwent Valley SES, New Norfolk Fire Brigade, and Laughter Lines Face Painting: Sack races, gumboot throwing, tug of war, dunk tank, zorb balls, sumo suits, dragon boat and other watercrafts displays, jumping castle and face painting.
- Lions Club of New Norfolk barbecue
- Coffee Van
- Musical Performances: Derwent Valley Concert Band, The Sign, Derwent Valley Community Choir
- St John Ambulance volunteers in attendance
- Flag Raising Ceremony and National Anthem
- Welcome to 2017 Australia Day Ambassador and address by Ambassador Dana Faletic
- 2017 Australia Day Awards presented by Derwent Valley mayor Martyn Evans
- Free entry and activities and barbecue lunch
At the Bushy Park Swimming Pool (Gordon River Rd, Glenora)
- Free entry, activities and barbecue lunch
- Community walk to Junee Cave at 10am, leave from Mayne St
- Free barbecue lunch and activities at the old Maydena Primary School around noon.