Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Weather Warning
for damaging winds
for people in the Western, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Issued at 3:17pm on Monday 13 June 2016.
Damaging winds forecast for Tuesday morning south of a line from Strahan to Maria Island
A high near the New South Wales coast is currently moving east as a cold front approaches from the southwest, expected to cross southern Tasmania late Tuesday morning and early in the afternoon.
DAMAGING WINDS around 60 km/h with peak gusts of 110 km/h are forecast for parts of the Western, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts for Tuesday morning.
The State Emergency Service and Tasmania Police advise that people should:
- Supervise children closely
- Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment
- Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings
- Manage pets and livestock
- Be prepared in case of power outages
- Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving
- Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice
For flood and storm emergency assistance, contact the SES on 132 500
The next warning will be issued by 11pm Monday.