Remote Area Firefighters, in conjunction with air support, worked in rugged and steep terrain to contain the fire with firefighters and equipment required to be winched in from helicopters.
The fire is now contained and in a patrol status. This means there will not be agency vehicles in the area, as seen over the past weeks, but there may be some hot spots and smoke remaining within the burnt area for some time until significant rainfall occurs, but the area poses no threat.
- Tasmania Fire Service
- Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service
- Forestry Tasmania
- Tasmania State Emergency Service
- Country Fire Authority Victoria
- ACT Rural Fire Service
- New Zealand Fire Service
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning - Victoria
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- For up to date information on current reserves and track closures, please visit Parks and Wildlife Service web site at www.parks.tas.gov.au and select Track and Reserve Closures, or phone 1300 827 727.
- If there is any fire activity causing you concern please report it to the TFS by calling triple zero (000).
- For information on current road closures, please visit the Tasmania Police website: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/