Gordon River Rd remains closed at the Scott’s Peak Rd junction.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR BEE KEEPERS
To gain access to areas that are effected by road closures please contact the Public Information Officer at the Incident Management Team at Cambridge, phone 6225 8327. Please provide as much notice as possible as an escort needs to be arranged. With the prolonged road closures this is being done in a co-ordinated way.
ROAD AND CAMPGROUND ACCESS
All roads beyond the Scotts Peak Rd junction, including Gordon River Rd are only open to essential services (i.e. Supplies for Strathgordon Village; Hydro etc). This section of road is likely to remain closed for some time (several weeks).
Scotts Peak Rd is open, this includes access to the Huon and Edgar Campgrounds. Campfires have been banned until further notice at the Huon campground in the South-West National Park due to the current fire situation (gas stoves are permitted).
Emergency service vehicles and personnel will be in the area for several weeks to come.
- Listen to ABC local radio or other local radio services
- For current bushfire information visit http://www.fire.tas.gov.au
- For information on walking track and camp ground closures visit http://www.parks.tas.gov.au
- For information on current road closures, visit: http://www.police.tas.gov.au/community-alerts/
- If there is any fire activity causing you concern, report it by calling Triple Zero (000).