The day kicks off at 10am when the annual fun run and walk gets under way. Entries will be accepted until 9.30am. The rest of the program includes music by the Derwent Valley Concert Band and Derwent Valley Community Choir, flag raising, announcements of Australia Day award recipients and an Australia Day address by the Australia Day Ambassador, Deborah De Williams.
The New Norfolk Lions Club and New Norfolk Junior Football Club will host a free Australia Day barbecue and children's activities will include sack races, gumboot throwing, paddle board demonstrations and more.
There will be other activities in New Norfolk as well as Bushy Park and Maydena.
Program - January 26, 2016
At the Derwent Esplanade New Norfolk
- Fun Run/Walk with Tasmanian Masters Athletics. Entries accepted up to half-hour beforehand.
- Fun and Games with D’FAT, Tree2Sea, New Norfolk Salvation Army and Laughter Lines Face Painting: sack races, gumboot throwing, tug of war, dunk tank, stand-up paddle boards and kayaks demonstrations, jumping castle and face painting
- Barbecue and drinks provided by Lions Club of New Norfolk and New Norfolk Junior Football Club
- Musical Performances by Derwent Valley Concert Band and Derwent Valley Community Choir
- Flag raising ceremony and National Anthem: New Norfolk Scouts and Cubs
- Welcome to 2016 Australia Day Ambassador and address by Ambassador Deborah De Williams
- 2016 Australia Day Awards presented by Mayor Martyn Evans.
At Kensington Park, New Norfolk:
- Harness racing program including the New Norfolk Pacing Cup.
At the New Norfolk Swimming Pool
- Free entry
At the Bushy Park Swimming Pool
- Free entry
- Free barbecue lunch.
- Community Walk to Junee Cave from 10am
- Free BBQ lunch and activities at Maydena Primary School site
- Free swimming pool entry from 1-3pm.