Fire Weather Warningfor the Upper Derwent Valley, East Coast, Midlands and South East forecast districts
Issued at 4:24 pm on Wednesday 14 October 2015.
Weather Situation: Maximum temperatures reaching the low 30s, relative humidity down to 15%, and northwest winds averaging up to 40 km/h are expected.
For Thursday 15 October:
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: East Coast, Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East. Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be difficult to control. There is a possibility that people in the path of a fire who are not well prepared may be killed or seriously injured.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.