for the Upper Derwent Valley, Furneaux Islands, North East, East Coast, Midlands and South East forecast districts
Issued at 9:34 pm on Monday 5 October 2015.
Weather Situation: Temperatures in the high 20s to low 30s, low relative humidity, and north-west winds averaging 40 to 50km/h are expected. Wind gusts may reach 100km/h during the day in the east and south.
For Tuesday 6 October:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: East Coast and South East
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: Upper Derwent Valley, Furneaux Islands, North East and Midlands.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.
Severe Weather Warningfor damaging winds
for people in the Upper Derwent Valley, Western, Midlands, East Coast, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Issued at 9:33 pm EST on Monday 5 October 2015.
For eastern and southern Tasmania.
A cold front will cross Tasmania during Tuesday afternoon, with northwesterly winds strengthening as it approaches.
DAMAGING WINDS around 60 km/h with peak gusts of 110 km/h are forecast for the East Coast and South East forecast districts and parts of the Western, Midlands and Upper Derwent Valley forecast districts.
The State Emergency Service and Tasmania Police advise that people should:
- Supervise children closely
- Secure outdoor items including furniture and play equipment
- Check that family and neighbours are aware of warnings
- Manage pets and livestock
- Be prepared in case of power outages
- Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving
- Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice
For flood and storm emergency assistance, contact the SES on 13 25 00
The next warning will be issued by 5am Tuesday.
Marine Wind WarningIssued at 10pm on Monday 5 October 2015
for the period until midnight Tuesday 6 October 2015.
Wind Warnings for Tuesday 6 October
Strong Wind Warning for the following areas: Derwent Estuary, Frederick Henry Bay and Norfolk Bay, Storm Bay, Channel, Far North West Coast, Central North Coast, Banks Strait and Franklin Sound, East of Flinders Island and Upper East Coast
Small Craft Alert for the following areas: Central Plateau Lakes and South West Lakes
The next marine wind warning summary will be issued by 5am Tuesday.
Check the latest Coastal Waters Forecast or Local Waters Forecast for information on wind, wave and weather conditions for these coastal zones.