Fire Weather Warning
for the Central North, North East, East Coast, Midlands and Upper Derwent Valley forecast districts
Issued at 4:05pm on Friday 2 January 2015.
Maximum temperatures in the mid to high 30s, low relative humidity and fresh to strong and gusty northwesterly winds are expected.
For Saturday 3 January 3:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: East Coast and Midlands. Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be uncontrollable. Some people in the path of a fire may be killed or seriously injured.
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: Central North, North East and Upper Derwent Valley. Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be difficult to control. There is a possibility that people in the path of a fire who are not well prepared may be killed or seriously injured.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.
Total Fire Ban Advice for Tasmania
Issued at 4pm on Friday 2 January 2015.
The Tasmania Fire Service has declared a day of Total Fire Ban for Saturday, January 3 for the following areas: Northern and Southern regions.
For further information regarding Fire Bans and other Fire Restrictions contact the Tasmania Fire Service on 6230 8600 or visit http://www.fire.tas.gov.au.