At Tynwald Park Oval, New Norfolk:
- 10am: Start of fun run & walk (entries close 9.30am)
- 11.30: Children's activities with Derwent Valley Youth Future Action Team (D'FAT) and New Norfolk Salvation Army. Sack races, tug of war, jumping castle.
- 11.30: Free barbecue and drinks provided by New Norfolk Lions Club
- 11.30: Derwent Valley Concert Band performances
- Noon: National Anthem, flag raising and citizenship ceremony
- 12.30pm: Welcome to Australia Day Ambassador Bruce Englefield by Woolworths manager
- 12.40 (approx): Derwent Valley Council Australia Day Award presentations.
At the New Norfolk Olympic Swimming Pool:
- Free entry.
- Free activities.
At the Derwent Esplanade, New Norfolk:
- 2.30pm: Community fishing afternoon
At Kensington Park, New Norfolk:
- 10-event harness twilight racing program including the New Norfolk Pacing Cup.
- Gates open at 1.30pm, first race at 3.29pm.
- Free entry for children.
- Click here for race fields.
At the Bushy Park War Memorial Swimming Pool:
- Free admission from 10am-6pm.
- Free barbecue lunch at 12.30pm.
- Free activities
- 10am: Community walk to Junee Cave. Meet at the Maydena Swimming Pool and then walk, ride or run 4.2km to the cave, where drinks and biscuits will be provided before the walk back to the old school.
- Noon: Free sausage sizzle and games at the old school.
- 1-3m: Free admission to the swimming pool (children must be accompanied by an adult). Please note: At 3pm the pool gate will be closed and it will be back the the standard system of purchasing a key from the general store.
At Sorell Creek:
- Two nights of racing at the Hobart International (Mountain Dew) Raceway.
- Gates open from 3pm on Saturday (January 25) and Sunday (January 26).
- More information on Facebook.