Fire Weather Warning
for the Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Issued at 4:16am on Thursday, December 19, 2013.
Maximum temperatures reaching the mid to high thirties, low relative humidity and northwesterly winds averaging 30 to 40km/h are expected. Today's forecast for New Norfolk and Ouse is 37 degrees, with an extreme UV alert.
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bushfire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.