Some of the projects funded this year include:
- Derwent Valley Regional Arts inaugural art competition major prize.
- Installation of guard rails on Back River Rd, in the vicinity of Fairview Primary School to increase safety.
- Construction of a car park at the Molesworth Community Hall.
- Financial support for the Tiger Trail Festival.
Major capital works projects will include:
- Continuation of essential works including kerb and channel, stormwater works and sealing between Black Hills Rd and Back River Rd.
- Re-sealing part of Glenora Rd.
- Continuation of drainage replacement and upgrades including Maydena, Molesworth and Third Avenue.
- Erosion prevention along the Derwent Esplanade at New Norfolk.
“Council is mindful of the financial pressures that household budgets face, and works to keep a balance between keeping rate increases to a minimum while still providing essential services to residents,” Cr Evans said.