Fire Weather Warningfor the South East forecast district
Issued at 9.03 pm on Friday 26 April 2013.
Maximum temperatures reaching the mid twenties, relative humidities lowering to around 25-30% and strong and gusty northwesterly winds averaging near 55km/h are expected on Saturday. The very high fire danger is mainly due to the expected strong and gusty winds.
For Saturday 27 April:
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district: South East
Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be difficult to control.
There is a possibility that people in the path of a fire who are not well prepared may be killed or seriously injured.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bush fire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.
The next warning will be issued by 5am Saturday. Click here for updates: http://www.bom.gov.au/tas/warnings/