Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTHCurrent from: 06/02/2013 03:31 PM until: 06/02/2013 06:00PM or further notice
There is a small bushfire at Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be very high . Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.This fire may affect the communities of Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale within the next 2 hours.
Residents of Glen Dhu Road, south of the fire and the immediate vicinity, are being assisted by Tasmania Police to relocate to a safer area.This bushfire is currently not controlled.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale .Reported Road Closures: Collins Cap Road
What to do:
- Activate your bushfire plan now
- If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now only if the path is clear.
- There is a Nearby Safer Place identified at the Molesworth Community Hall at 560 Molesworth Road.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
TFS Attending Resources:
3 x HEAVY TANKER
3 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
1 x UTILITY
2 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
1 x CAR
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x RESCUE VEHICLE