Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTHCurrent from:07/02/2013 06:27 PM until: 07/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTH
The fire danger rating in this area is very high . Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.Overnight this fire may affect the communities of Ringwood Road at Lachlan, and Collins Cap Road from Tanglewood Road through to Valley Road including Stocks Road, Suhrs Road, and any small private roads.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. This bushfire is currently creating spot-fires up to 2 Kms ahead. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front. There may be smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale .
Reported Road Closures: Glen Dhu Road is closed. Molesworth Road is open to the public, however road blocks are in place at the junctions of Glen Dhu Road and Collins Cap Road restricting access to Glen Dhu Road, Collins Cap Road, Tubbs Road and Wyre Forest Road to residents only.
The Wellington Park Management Trust has closed the following tracks and trails in Wellington Park: East-West fire trail, Collins Cap fire trail, Myrtle Forest Track, Collins Cap Track, and Big Bend walking track. Please be advised that Jeffries Track to East West Track is closed to all 4WD vehicles.Myrtle Forest picnic area is also closed, and any access permits to this area suspended. Visitors to the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park should reconsider their plans, and it is recommended that bike riders and walkers do not enter Wellington Park from this area.
What to do:
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now
- If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now only if the path is clear.
- There is a Community Fire Refuge at the Derwent Entertainment Centre
- There are also Nearby Safer Places identified at the Malbina Cemetery at 100 Molesworth Road, Collinsvale War Memorial Hall at 14 Hall Road and a longer term Nearby Safer Place at 'Carinya', behind the New Norfolk High School, 103 Blair Street.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
Bushfire Advice MessageThis fire may affect the communities of Collinsvale, Glenlusk, Berriedale, Iron Stone Gully, Malbina and residents of Valley Road, Fehlbergs Road, Nelsons Road, Glen Lusk Road, Stock within the next 12 to 24 hours.
There is no immediate threat to these communities. This bushfire is currently not controlled.There may be smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk, Collinsvale and the greater Hobart area.
What to do:
- Check your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- If you don’t have a Bushfire Survival Plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear. Alternatively, a Community Fire Refuge is open at the Derwent Entertainment Centre.
- Residents are reminded to consider the relocation of pets and livestock within their Bushfire Survival Plan. For information about preparing your livestock for bushfire go to http://www.dpipwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/CVEN-93P9JK?open
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Residents in areas affected by smoke are reminded to stay indoors with windows closed and seek medical advice if suffering from asthma or related breathing difficulties.
- Stay informed in case conditions change. Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.
TFS Attending Resources:Resources Arrived:
6 x HEAVY TANKER
5 x MEDIUM TANKER
6 x LIGHT TANKER
4 x TFS
7 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
3 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
2 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x HEAVY TANKER