Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTH
Current from: 07/02/2013 07:52 PM until: 07/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH.
The fire danger rating in this area is very high. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
The fire is impacting the areas of Suhrs Rd, Fehlbergs Rd, Valley Rd and Collins Cap Rd to Springdale Rd NOW. It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. This bushfire is currently creating spot-fires up to 2km ahead. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale, Myrtle Forest Road, and Old Springdale Road..
Reported Road Closures:
- Glen Dhu Rd is closed
- Molesworth Rd is open to the public, however road blocks are in place at the junctions of Glen Dhu Rd and Collins Cap Rd restricting access to Glen Dhu Rd, Collins Cap Rd, Tubbs Rd and Wyre Forest Rd to residents only
What to do:
- Activate your bushfire plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- There is a community fire refuge at the Derwent Entertainment Centr
- There is a nearby safer place at Collinsvale War Memorial Hall, and Carinya Education Park at 103 Blair St, New Norfolk
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions