Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTHCurrent from: 07/02/2013 04:38 PM until: 07/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a Community Fire Refuge open at the Derwent Entertainment Centre.There is a large bushfire at Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTH.
The fire danger rating in this area is very high . Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable .All residents in Glen Dhu Road need to relocate NOW to a safer area.
The fire is expected to affect the area of Ringwood Road at Lachlan, and Collins Cap Road from Tanglewood Road through to Valley Road including Stocks Road, Suhrs Road, and any small private roads within 2 hours.This bushfire is currently not controlled.
This bushfire may create spot-fires up to 2 Kms ahead. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.There may be smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale .
There are also Nearby Safer Places identified at the Malbina Cemetery 100 Molesworth Road, Collinsvale War Memorial Hall at 14 Hall Road and a longer term Nearby Safer Place at 'Carinya', behind the New Norfolk High School, 103 Blair Street.Reported Road Closures:
- Glen Dhu Road is closed.
- Molesworth Road is open to the public, however road blocks are in place at the junctions of Glen Dhu Road and Collins Cap Road restricting access to Glen Dhu Road, Collins Cap Road, Tubbs Road and Wyre Forest Road to residents only.
The Wellington Park Management Trust has closed the following tracks and trails in Wellington Park:
- East-West fire trail, Collins Cap fire trail, Myrtle Forest Track, Collins Cap Track, and Big Bend walking track. Jeffreys Track to East West Track is closed to all 4WD vehicles.
- Myrtle Forest picnic area is also closed, and any access permits to this area suspended. Visitors to the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park should reconsider their plans, and it is recommended that bike riders and walkers do not enter Wellington Park from this area.
- Activate your Bushfire Suvival Plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
Community Information:There is no immediate threat to these communities. This bushfire is currently not controlled.
Bushfire Advice Message
This fire may affect the communities of Collinsvale, Glenlusk, Berriedale, Iron Stone Gully, Malbina and residents of Valley Road, Fehlbergs Road, Nelsons Road, Glen Lusk Road, Stock within the next 6 to 24 hours.
There may be smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk, Collinsvale and the greater Hobart area.
What to do:
- Check your Bushfire Survival Plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a Bushfire Survival Plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Residents are reminded to consider the relocation of pets and livestock within their Bushfire Survival Plan. For information about preparing your livestock for bushfire go to http://www.dpipwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/CVEN-93P9JK?open
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Residents in areas affected by smoke are reminded to stay indoors with windows closed and seek medical advice if suffering from asthma or related breathing difficulties.
- Stay informed in case conditions change. Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.