Bushfire Advice Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTH
Current from:17/02/2013 06:46 PM until: 18/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH.
The Fire Danger Rating in this area is forecast to be very high tomorrow from mid morning to early evening and then dropping to high. Temperatures are predicted to be in the mid-30s and winds are predicted to be out of the north-north-west with speeds of 20-25km/h and gusts up to 45km/h.
Overnight tonight the Fire Danger Rating will be high with wind speeds of 10km/h with gusts up to 15km/h.
Patches of vegetation within the fire boundary which have not fully burnt continue to smoulder. These spots may continue to put up smoke for some time.
There is no immediate threat to communities. This bushfire is currently being controlled.
Smoke from this fire may effect the communities of Lachlan, New Norfolk, Molesworth, Collinsvale, Mt Wellington, greater Hobart, Mountain River and Fern Tree due to winds out of the north.
Reported Road Closures: Nil at this stage.
What to do:
- Check your Bushfire Survival Plan; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a Bushfire Survival Plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- A Total Fire Ban is in place for the entire southern region tomorrow, Monday February 18, from midnight tonight (Sunday).
- Overnight tonight crews will patrol and monitor the fire edge around Ringwood Rd, Collins Cap Rd, Glen Dhu Rd and other properties in the area.
- NSW, ACT, PWS and TFS remote area firefighters will continue tomorrow to extinguish hotspots in very rugged terrain, with the assistance of machinery and aerial water bombing, in the south western area around Ringwood Trail and Collins Cap.
- Due to a Very High Fire Danger Rating tomorrow (Monday) firefighters will not be undertaking remote work after midday for their own safety. Firefighters will be tasked with vehicle based patrols continuing to work on hotspots and to be available if necessary for the protection of properties and assets.
- Please drive carefully as roads may be affected by smoke in low lying areas. There may also be an increased amount of wildlife near roads.
TFS Attending Resources:
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
3 x LIGHT TANKER
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x MOBILE CANTEEN
1 x UTILITY
1 x CAR
2 x LIGHT TANKER