for the Upper Derwent Valley forecast district
Issued at 3:09 pm EDT on Tuesday 5 February 2013. Updated 4:36am Wednesday.
Maximum temperatures reaching the low thirties, relative humidities down to around 15% and northwesterly winds averaging 20km/h are expected.
For Wednesday, February 6:
- Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast district: Upper Derwent Valley
- Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be difficult to control. There is a possibility that people in the path of a fire who are not well prepared may be killed or seriously injured.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bush fire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.
Click here for updates to the Bureau of Meteorology fire weather warning.