Fire Weather Warning
for the Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East forecast districts
Issued at 4:23 pm EDT on Sunday 17 February 2013.
For Monday, February 18
Maximum temperatures reaching the mid to high thirties, relative humidities down to around 15% and moderate to locally fresh north to northwest winds are expected.
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following forecast districts: Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South East
Some bushfires breaking out will spread rapidly and be difficult to control or even uncontrollable. There is a possibility that people in the path of a fire who are not well prepared may be killed or seriously injured.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises you to:
- Check your bush fire survival plan - Now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation on ABC radio or through www.fire.tas.gov.au.
- If power supplies fail, listen on your car radio.
The Tasmania Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Very High or Severe Fire Danger:
- Get ready now to leave for a safe place.
- Leave immediately if fire breaks out near you.
- Only stay if your home is well prepared to withstand fire and you can actively defend it.
The next warning will be issued by 5am EDT Monday. Click here to check.