Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Glen Dhu Road, MOLESWORTH
Current from: 06/02/2013 09:31 PM until: 07/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a small bushfire at Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH .
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions will be uncontrollable, unpredictable and fast moving.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. This fire may affect the communities of Glen Dhu Rd, Molesworth now.
Thousands of embers will be blown around. Spot fires will move quickly and come from many directions.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale.
Reported Road Closures: Collins Cap Rd, Tubbs Rd and Nicholls Rd are closed to the general public (access only for residents)
What to do:
- You need to start taking action now to protect you and your family.
- Activate your bushfire plan now. Leaving is the SAFEST option for your survival. Only well constructed, prepared and actively defended homes may provide shelter in the predicted fire conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave the affected area, go to a safer location now if the path is clear. Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it. Stay informed in case conditions change
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions.
TFS Attending Resources:
4 x HEAVY TANKER
2 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
1 x UTILITY
4 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x CAR