Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH
Current from:08/02/2013 07:08 AM until: 08/02/2013 09:59 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Glen Dhu Rd, MOLESWORTH.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be very hig. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. The fire has impacted on Suhrs Rd, Fehlbergs Rd, Valley Rd and Collins Cap Rd to Springdale Rd.
The fire may impact on the areas of Myrtle Forest Rd and Old Springdale Rd within the next 6-12 hours.
This bushfire is currently creating spot-fires ahead of the main fire. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Molesworth, Glenlusk and Collinsvale.
Reported Road Closures:
- Collins Cap Rd from Tubbs Rd to Old Springdale Rd by wastewater treatment plant.
- Glen Dhu Rd is closed.
- Molesworth Rd is open to the public, however road blocks are in place at the junctions of Glen Dhu Rd and Collins Cap Rd restricting access to Glen Dhu Rd, Collins Cap Rd, Tubbs Rd and Wyre Forest Rd to residents only.
What to do:
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now only if the path is clear.
- There is a Community Fire Refuge at the Derwent Entertainment Centre.
- There are also Nearby Safer Places identified at Collinsvale War Memorial Hall at 14 Halls Rd; Malbina Cemetery at 100 Molesworth Rd; and a longer term Nearby Safer Place at Carinya Education Park next to New Norfolk High School, 103 Blair St (pets and livestock are welcome at this venue).
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
- Schools still closed due to bushfire risk: Collinsvale and Molesworth primary schools remain closed due to the current fire danger. Children attending Collinsvale Primary can attend Glenorchy Primary and Molesworth students can be dropped off at New Norfolk Primary. Staff from both schools are also requested to follow the same arrangements.
TFS Attending Resources:
4 x HEAVY TANKER
5 x LIGHT TANKER
4 x MEDIUM TANKER
4 x TFS
6 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
2 x CAR
3 x HEAVY TANKER
4 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x CAR
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT