Bushfire Advice Message
Current from:11/02/2013 06:20 PM until: 13/02/2013 09:59 AM or further notice
There is a large bushfire in the MOLESWORTH area.
The fire danger rating in this area tonight is low-moderate. Due to the terrain and local weather, fire under these conditions can be difficult to control .
Smoke from this fire may affect the communities of New Norfolk, Molesworth, Collinsvale, the northern suburbs and Mount Wellington.
There is no immediate threat to communities. This bushfire is currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures: Nil. For up-to-date information on road closures for this fire refer to the Tasmania Police website.
The Community Fire Refuge at Carinya Education Park, New Norfolk, is now closed.
- Crews may continue backburning operations around Haney Rd tonight. Tomorrow crews will with the assistance of machinery, will be working on the fire edge around the Ironstone Gully, Ringwood Rd and Ringwood Trail area.
- The main fire activity continues on the western edge of the fire just south of Ringwood Rd. There is also activity on the south-eastern edge to the north of the East-West Trail through to Collins Bonnet in very steep and inaccessible terrain.
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.
- Schools opening: Collinsvale and Molesworth primary schools will re-open as normal tomorrow, Tuesday, February 12. School bus services will also be operating as usual.
- Safety: Roads may be affected by smoke. Please drive carefully and turn on headlights.
- Wellington Park walking tracks and trails: For up-to-date information on track and trail closures refer to Wellington Park website.
TFS Resources Arrived:
8 x MEDIUM TANKER
7 x LIGHT TANKER
3 x HEAVY TANKER
3 x TFS
2 x CAR
5 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
TFS Resources Mobilised:
1 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x MECH SERVICE VAN
1 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
Non-TFS Attending Resources:
6 x Parks and Wildlife crews
6 x Forestry Tasmania crews
New South Wales Rural Fire Service remote area team