Bushfire Emergency Warning Message
Marked Tree Road, GRETNACurrent from: 18/02/2013 07:05 PM until: 20/02/2013 11:59 PM or further notice
There is a small bushfire at Marked Tree Rd, GRETNA. The fire danger rating in this area is severe. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable.
The fire is expected to put the communities of Gretna, Rosegarland and surrounding areas which includes the Lyell Highway from Bluff Rd to Black Hills Rd and including Woolpack Rd, Bedchambers Rd, Askrigg Rd and Black Hills Rd at direct severe risk from the fire front now.
This fire may impact on the community of Black Hills which includes Shooters Hill Rd, Isaac Rd, Sonners Rd within 15 to 30 minutes.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. This bushfire may create spot-fires up to 3km ahead of the fire front. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling south of Gretna.
Reported Road Closures:
- Lyell Highway is closed between Gordon River Rd and Hamilton.
- Motorists are advised to avoid this area.
- The Lyell Highway between Kilderry Rd and Gordon River Rd is open to residents only.
- Motorists are advised to be aware of the potential for downed powerlines and wandering livestock.
- Please be aware of emergency vehicles and crews operating in the area.
- Motorists on roads that are affected by smoke are advised to turn on headlights and reduce your speed.
What to do:
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further instructions
Community Information:Bushfire Watch & Act Message for Plenty, Macquarie Plains and Hayes
This fire may affect the communities of Plenty, Macquarie Plains and Hayes within the next 4-6 hours. There may be smoke and ash falling as far away as New Norfolk and surrounding areas.What to do:
- You need to start taking action now to protect you and your family.
- Activate your Bushfire Survival Plan now; only well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a Bushfire Survival Plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving for a safer place, such as a relative or friends place away from the area.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & TFS Website – www.fire.tas.gov.au for further information.
TFS Attending Resources:Resources Arrived:
9 x LIGHT TANKER
9 x HEAVY TANKER
3 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x TFS
1 x UTILITY
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x FIXED WING: LOW
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
4 x ROTARY WING: MEDIUM
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x TFS
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER