Bushfire Advice Message
Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE
Current from:13/01/2013 11:46 AM until: 13/01/2013 03:00 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
This fire is currently burning in the Broad River area and producing smoke. This may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Rd. Residents must remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity.
There is no immediate threat to communities. Parts of this bushfire are currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures:
- Lake Repulse Rd and Cluny Lagoon Rd near Ouse are closed from Lyell Highway intersection.
- Dunrobin Rd bridge over Sabbath Creek is out.
- Dawsons Rd, Meadowbank, is open to residents only.
- Southern walking tracks and camping grounds are closed.
- A 7-tonne load limit applies to the bridge on the Cluny Lagoon Rd (over Cluny Lagoon) and the Repulse Dam bridge.
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan, or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen - only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, please consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further information.
- The main fire activity continues to be on the northern end of the western side, moving across the Broad River area and remains uncontained. Remote area teams, Norske Skog and Forestry Tasmania continue to work in that area.
- Members of the public in these areas will need to be cautious of falling trees and branches that may fall with little or no warning.
- Although cooler conditions are being experienced residents need to remain vigilant as conditions can change rapidly.
- Motorists need to drive with care. There may be fallen trees, downed power lines and wandering stock near roads.
- Mt Field National Park is open for day use only. for further details please refer to www.parks.tas.gov.au
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x UTILITY
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
2 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT