Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 6/01/2013 10:01AM until: 8/01/2013 11:59PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE. The fire is now due east of Ellendale.
The fire danger rating in this area is low-moderate. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control .
Some predicted weather changes have not developed and the communities of Lawrenny and Hamilton are no longer expected to be directly impacted. Please remain vigilant.
This fire is affecting the community of Ellendale and Karanja.
Firefighters are currently backburning to the east of the Ellendale township and may produce significant smoke in the area.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on most areas of the upper Derwent Valley.
Reported Road Closures: Ellendale Rd is closed from Ellendale to the Lyell Hwy including Dawson Rd; Lake Repulse Rd and Cluny Lagoon Rd near Ouse from the intersection with the Lyell Hwy. Pillies Rd at the junction with Ellendale Rd is closed. Rockmount Rd at Ellendale Rd is closed.
What to do:
- Maintain your activated bushfire plan.
- Residents that have relocated to a nearby safer place should remain there.
- If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now only if the path is clear.
- The Community Fire Refuge at Ouse Hall has CLOSED.
- The is a Community Fire Refuge located at Carinya Education Park next to New Norfolk High School, 103 Blair St, NEW NORFOLK.
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.
- Motorists must drive with care. Power lines and wandering stock are creating hazards.
- People are asked not to return to the camp areas in the area.
- Mt Field National park is closed.
- A statewide police hotline has been established for people who are concerned or have enquiries regarding property and relatives call 1800 567 567