TOTAL FIRE BAN
Today, Friday, 4 January 2013, has been declared a Day of Total Fire Ban for the whole state.
No fires may be lit or be allowed to remain alight in the open air until Friday, 04 January 2013, 11:59PM.
General Advice on a Day of Total Fire Ban
Tools and Equipment
Tools and equipment that use a naked flame or generate sparks such as welding or grinding, must not be used in the open air.
If essential works are required to be done a special permit may be issued, after a thorough investigation of each application. Apply to your TFS Regional Office.
Barbecues that use wood, charcoal or other solid fuel are banned
Gas and electric barbecues are permitted subject to the strict application of the conditions set out below.
Gas and electric barbecues provided in public reserves/campsites may be used providing:
- the barbecue is electric or gas fired
- the barbecue is fixed permanent structure.
- The barbecue is located within 20 metres of a permanent dwelling (mobile homes, caravans or tents are not classified as permanent dwellings).
- the area for 3 metres around and above the barbecue is completely cleared of flammable material.
- an adult is in attendance at all times
- a tap with hose connected is ready for use
- at least 10 litres of water is on hand in case of emergency.