Bushfire Advice Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 12/01/2013 9:09AM until: 12/01/2013 NOON or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
This fire may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Rd. Residents must remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity.
Members of the public who return to these areas will need to be cautious of falling trees and branches that may fall with little or no warning.
There is no immediate threat to communities. Parts of this bushfire are currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures :
- Lake Repulse Rd and Cluny Lagoon Rd near Ouse are closed from the intersection with the Lyell Hwy.
- Dunrobin Rd bridge over Sabbath Creek is out.
- Dawsons Rd, Meadowbank, is open to residents only.
- Southern walking tracks and camping grounds are closed.
What to do:
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan, or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friend's place if conditions worsen - only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, please consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further information.
- The main fire activity continues to be on the north-western edge, moving across Crown Land into Brown Mountain, Repulse River and the Broad River area and remains uncontained. There remains some active fire edge from the south of Repulse River down the western edge to just north of Sawdust Creek. Remote Area Teams, Norske Skog and Forestry Tasmania continue to work in that area.
- Although cooler conditions are being experienced residents need to remain vigilant as conditions can change rapidly.
- Motorists need to drive with care. There may be fallen trees, downed power lines and wandering stock near roads.
- Mt Field National Park is open for day use only. For further details please refer to www.parks.tas.gov.au
TFS Attending Resources:
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x UTILITY
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER