Bushfire Advice Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from:10/01/2013 09:19 AM until: 10/01/2013 12:00 PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
This fire may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Rd. Residents still should remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity .
There is no immediate threat to communities. Parts of this bushfire are currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures:
- Dawsons Rd at the intersection of Ellendale Rd.
- Lake Repulse Rd at the Lyell Hwy junction.
What to do:
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further information.
- The main fire activity is on the north-western edge in the Broad River area.
- Although cooler conditions are being experienced people still need to remain vigilant as conditions can change rapidly.
- Motorists may experience delays of up to 15 minutes on Ellendale Rd between Ellendale and Meadowbank Dam resulting from work being carried out by Aurora Energy crews between 9am and 5pm today.
- Motorists need to drive with care. There may be fallen trees, downed power lines and wandering stock.
5 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
3 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x CAR
4 x PERSONNEL CARRIER