Bushfire Advice Message UPDATED
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
The main fire activity continues to be on the north-western edge, moving across crown land into Brown Mountain, Repulse River and the Broad River area and remains uncontained. There remains some active fire edge from the south of Repulse River down the western edge to just north of Sawdust Creek. Remote area teams, Norske Skog and Forestry Tasmania continue to work in that area.
Reported Road Closures: Lake Repulse Rd and Cluny Lagoon Rd near Ouse are closed from the intersection with the Lyell Hwy. Dunrobin Rd bridge over Sabbath Creek is out. Dawsons Rd, Meadowbank is open to residents only.
Current from:11/01/2013 07:30 AM until: 11/01/2013 10:00 AM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
This fire may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Rd. Residents must remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity.
There is no immediate threat to communities. Parts of this bushfire are currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures: Dawsons Rd, Meadowbank, at the intersection of the Ellendale Rd. Lake Repulse Rd at the Lyell Hwy junction.
What to do:
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan, or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friend's place if conditions worsen - only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, please consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further information..
- The main fire activity is on the north-western edge, moving across crown land into Brown Mountain, Repulse River and the Broad River area and remains uncontained. There remains some active fire edge from the south or Repulse River down the western edge to just north of Sawdust Creek.
- Although cooler conditions are being experienced residents need to remain vigilant as conditions can change rapidly.
- Motorists may experience delays on Ellendale Rd between Ellendale and Meadowbank Dam as a result of work being carried out by Aurora Energy crews.
- Motorists need to drive with care. There may be fallen trees, downed power lines and wandering stock near roads.
3 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x HEAVY TANKER
4 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
2 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x CAR
1 x UTILITY
4 x PERSONNEL CARRIER