Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current until: 4/01/2013 8:00AM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE .
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be very high overnight. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control .
This fire may affect communities of Ouse, Ellendale, Meadowbank, and Hamilton overnight.
This bushfire is currently not controlled.
Reported road closures: Dawson Rd from the intersection with Ellendale Rd; Lake Repulse Rd and Cluny Lagoon Rd near Ouse are closed from the intersection with the Lyell Hwy; Pillies Rd at Junction with Ellendale Rd.
What to do:
- You need to start taking action now to protect you and your family.
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave, prepare to leave for a safer place, such as a relative or friends place away from the area.
- Consider leaving the affected area if conditions worsen if the path is clear.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Campers and bushwalker should leave the area now.
- Exercise caution when driving.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.
People living in the Lake Repulse area including Broad River, Jones River and Ellendale Rd down as far as Ellendale need to plan NOW for tomorrow. The safest option is to leave in the morning and go to a relative or friend's house away from the affected areas.
Even well prepared properties may not be defendable under the forecast weather conditions. Given the conditions firefighters may not be able to control fires.
People who relocate need to be self-sufficient. A community fire refuge will be opened from 8am on Friday in the following location: Ouse Hall, 6955 Lyell Hwy, Ouse.
If you choose not to leave and the fire will impact on you, you may be able to travel to a nearby safer place otherwise you should prepare to shelter in your home. Leaving at the last minute can be extremely dangerous.
TFS Attending Resources
3 x LIGHT TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
1 x ROTARY WING: LIGHT
1 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
1 x LIGHT TANKER