|Click image to enlarge|
Bushfire Emergency Warning Message UPDATE
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 4/01/2013 9:49PM until: 5/01/2013 8:00AM or further notice
With predicted weather changes it is expected that the communities of Lawrenny and Hamilton will be directly impacted at approximately 6am tomorrow morning, Saturday (05/01/2013). Please remain vigilant.
Current from: 4/01/2013 09:49PM until: 4/01/2013 11:58PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is severe. Fire under these conditions can be uncontrollable and unpredictable .
The fire is impacting on the communities of Ellendale and Karanja NOW. It is likely too late to leave at this point. Residents are instructed move to a Nearby Safer Place as the last resort ONLY if the path is clear. If you are at home, this may provide some shelter.
The communities of Ellendale, Gretna, Hamilton, Ouse and Meadowbank are at under a Watch and Act Notice from this fire.
This bushfire is currently not controlled. There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Fentonbury, National Park, Westerway and New Norfolk.
Reported Road Closures: Ellendale Rd from Rockmount Rd to the Lyell Hwy; Dawson Rd from the intersection with Ellendale Rd; Lake Repulse Rd near Ouse is closed from the intersection with the Lyell Highway and Pillies Rd is closed from the intersection with Ellendale Rd.
What to do:
- Activate your bushfire plan now
- It is likely to be too late to leave the area. If your home is well constructed, prepared and actively defended, it may provide shelter.
- If you don’t have a plan or your plan is to leave – leave now, only if the path is clear.
- This may include a neighbouring property or other cleared area close by that is not at risk from fire.
- There is a community fire refuge at the Ouse Hall, 6955 Lyell Highway, OUSE and "Carinya Education Park" located behind the New Norfolk High School at 103 Blair Highway, NEW NORFOLK
- If you are away from home: Do not try to return to your home as the roads in this area could be highly dangerous.
- Non-residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.
People living in the Lake Repulse area including Broad River, Jones River and Ellendale Rd down as far as Ellendale should have left now. The safest option is to leave and go to a relative or friends house away from the affected areas.
People living in the following areas should leave NOW only if the path is clear:
People who relocate need to be self-sufficient. Community fire refuges are open at the Ouse Hall, 6955 Lyell Highway, OUSE, and "Carinya Education Park" located behind the New Norfolk High School at 103 Blair Highway, NEW NORFOLK
If you choose not to leave and the fire impacts on you, you may be able to travel to a nearby safer place otherwise you should prepare to shelter in your home. Leaving at the last minutes can be extremely dangerous.
Mt Field National Park is closed.