Bushfire Advice Message
Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 9/01/2013 10:42PM until: 10/01/2013 10:00AM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE.
The fire danger rating in this area is forecast to be high. Fire under these conditions can be difficult to control.
This fire may affect the communities of Ellendale, Karanja, Westerway, Hamilton, Ouse and Risbys Rd and they should remain vigilant and be prepared for any changes in fire activity.
There is no immediate threat to communities. Parts of this bushfire are currently not controlled.
Reported Road Closures: Dawsons Rd at the intersection with Ellendale Rd; Rockmount Rd, Ellendale; Lake Repulse Rd at the Lyell Hwy junction; Scotts Peak Rd from Gordon River Rd (including the Mt Ann walking track)
What to do:
- Check your bushfire plan now; well constructed and prepared homes are defendable in these conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave, consider leaving the affected area for a relative or friends place if conditions worsen, only if the path is clear.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Stay informed in case conditions change.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.
- The main fire activity is on the north-western edge in the Broad River area.
- Although cooler conditions are being experienced people still need to remain vigilant as conditions have been changing rapidly.
- Motorists need to drive with care. There may be fallen trees and power lines and wandering stock.
- Mt Field National Park and other camp grounds in the area are closed.
TFS Attending Resources:
1 x MEDIUM TANKER
3 x LIGHT TANKER
2 x HEAVY TANKER
1 x CAR
2 x PERSONNEL CARRIER
4 x LIGHT TANKER