Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 9/01/2013 10:16AM until: 9/01/2013 1:00PM or further notice
The main area of fire activity is on the north-western edge in the Broad River area. Although cooler conditions are expected today people still need to remain vigilant as conditions can change rapidly.
- Aurora are doing works on Ellendale Rd between Ellendale and Meadowbank Dam. Motorists are advised that delays up to 15 minutes may be experienced between 9am and 5pm.
- Motorists should drive to the conditions. There may be downed power lines or wandering stock creating hazards.
- People are reminded that all camp grounds in the area are closed and asked not to return to these camp areas.
- Mt Field National Park is closed.
- Unless you are a resident or have urgent business, consider avoiding travel in this area.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.
- A team of New Zealand firefighters will be deployed to Ellendale later today.
- Aircraft will be used to consolidate firefighting efforts over the next few days.