Bushfire Watch & Act Message
Dawson Rd, LAKE REPULSE
Current from: 4/01/2013 2:30PM until: 4/01/2013 5:00PM or further notice
There is a large bushfire at Dawson Road, LAKE REPULSE .
The fire danger rating in this area is extreme. Fire under these conditions will be uncontrollable, unpredictable and fast moving. This bushfire is currently not controlled.
This fire may affect the communities of Fentonbury, Westerway and Mount Field National Park within the next 8 to 10 hours.
Embers will be blown around. Spot fires will move quickly and come from many directions.
This bushfire is currently creating spot-fires ahead of the main fire front. These spot fires may threaten your home earlier than the predicted main fire front.
There may be embers, smoke and ash falling on Fentonbury, Mount Field National Park and Westerway.
Reported Road Closures: Ellendale Road is closed. Dawson Rd from the intersection with Ellendale Rd; Lake Repulse Rd near Ouse is closed from the intersection with the Lyell Highway and Pillies Rd is closed from the intersection with Ellendale Rd.
What to do:
- You need to start taking action now to protect you and your family.
- Activate your bushfire plan now. Leaving is the SAFEST option for your survival. Only well constructed, prepared and actively defended homes may provide shelter in the predicted fire conditions.
- If you don’t have a bushfire plan or your plan is to leave the affected area, go to a safer location now if the path is clear. Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it. Stay informed in case conditions change
- Non residents should stay away from the affected areas.
- Monitor ABC Local Radio & http://www.fire.tas.gov.au/ for further instructions.